Aelita then and now
|First appearance||X.A.N.A. Awakens (chronologically), Teddygozilla (production-wise)|
|Known as||Aelita Hopper, Aelita Stones, Maya (in X.A.N.A. Awakens)|
|Eye color|| Black|
Dark green (on Lyoko)
Hazel (in Code Lyoko Evolution)
|Avatar|| Elf (season 1-3)|
Angel (season 4-5)
Petrification (video game)
Pulsation Detection (via meditation)
Levitation (video game)
Tower Control and deactivation
|Vehicle||Usually rode with another|
|Voiced by|| Sophie Landresse (French, 2003-2007)|
Sharon Mann (English, 2004-2007)
Jodi Forrest (Young Aelita, 2005-2006)
|Portrayed by||Léonie Berthonnaud (French, 2012-Present)|
Aelita Schaeffer (also known as Aelita Hopper, Aelita Stones, and Maya) is a human-turned virtual being, and the daughter of Franz Hopper. She is the only girl in Lyoko (as only one exists), and one of the members of Team Lyoko. However, Aelita differs from the other members of Team Lyoko in that she is deeply linked with Lyoko, as she remained as a guardian of the virtual world for ten years after being virtualized by her father, Franz Hopper. Jeremie would later discover Lyoko, and in turn, Aelita (and X.A.N.A.) after turning on the Supercomputer. She is Jeremie's love interest.
Aelita was born to Waldo Schaeffer and Anthea Schaeffer about 22 years before the events of the series. She lived happily with both of them in the mountains and her parents gave her an small elf doll as a gift and her father taught her to play piano. One day however, her mother dissappeared.
One day, however, she had to hide Mr. Pück, who had a hidden key to Franz Hopper's locker in the local train station. When Aelita came back from biking, two men dressed in black arrived at The Hermitage, forcing Franz Hopper and Aelita to escape through the Sewer to the abandoned factory, where Aelita discovered her fathers secret laboratory. Franz Hopper virtualized Aelita and himself in order to keep themselves safe and the next thing Aelita knew, she was in the Forest Sector of Lyoko. There, Kankrelats attacked her and her father, forcing them to hide in the nearby tower. Franz Hopper explained that he had to go & make peace with X.A.N.A., the artificial intelligence that wanted to destroy them both. Aelita had to wait in the tower. However, she can't wait much longer and goes outside, where Hornets were attacking her father. Franz Hopper explained that X.A.N.A can't be stopped. After asking Aelita to promise that she'll never forget him, Franz turns off the supercomputer to prevent X.A.N.A. from attacking Earth, leaving Aelita inside it for 10 years.
As Jeremie Belpois is looking for parts for his robots in an abandoned factory, he eventually finds the supercomputer and restarts it. Aelita awakes almost immediately afterwards, but didn't remember anything about her past. Jeremie assumed she was an Artificial Intelligence and decided to name her Maya, after she requested to be called something other than "Artificial Inteligence". As Jeremie found out about the scanners and virtualization, he sent Odd Della Robbia and Ulrich Stern to Lyoko. They didn't meet Aelita because they were devirtualized by Bloks in the Ice Sector, but not before Ulrich spots a strange red Tower in the same Sector. Feeling the pulsation from the red Tower, Aelita heading to the Ice Sector through a Way Tower. Jeremie wanted to materialize Aelita on Earth, so they can shut down the supercomputer and told Odd, Ulrich and Sissi that they could do it if they could get Aelita into the red tower (a tower which X.A.N.A. had activated when Jeremie restarted the supercomputer) in the Ice Sector. However, Sissi gets electrocuted by an electric energy orb sent by X.A.N.A. and Ulrich brings Yumi Ishiyama to the factory. Jeremie sends Ulrich, Odd and Yumi to Lyoko to help Aelita get to the tower after an fierce fight with X.A.N.A.'s monsters. As Aelita saw the interface, she found out that her name wasn't Maya, but Aelita. She deactivates the tower, however, Jeremie's theory was wrong as Aelita couldn't come to Earth. Aelita thinks that keeping the supercomputer on was too dangerous and that they should shut it down immediately, but the others agreed to keep fighting X.A.N.A until Jeremie finds a way to materialize Aelita.
Aelita stays in the Way Towers of Lyoko's sectors, being safe in there from X.A.N.A.'s monsters. She helps Jeremie with his materialization process and feels X.A.N.A's pulses whenever X.A.N.A. decides to activate tower for an attack. Through the season, Aelita is threatened to be killed by X.A.N.A. when trying to deactivate the towers. In Cruel Dilemma, Jeremie managed to create the correct program because of Odd dropping candy on random buttons of his keyboard. But because of this, Jeremie didnt know the full code and it could only be used once. However, X.A.N.A. attacked and Yumi, who had helped Aelita in Lyoko, fell into the Digital Sea, causing Jeremie to use the materialization program to bring her back. When Yumi was later captured by a Guardian, Aelita managed to free her by making a clone of her, convincing the Guardian that it had the wrong prisoner. Later, Aelita herself was taken prisoner by a Guardian, but was freed by Jeremie, who created an clone of her. Aelita has been up for tough challenges like choosing between two towers and finding hidden towers.
Jeremie eventually manages to materialize a strand of Aelita's hair. As he tries to do some follow-up tests, Aelita's annex program gets bugged, meaning that she would get devirtualized from using the towers. X.A.N.A attacked and Jeremie tried his best to debug the system, but there wasnt time for it to be finished and Aelita deactivated the tower and dissappeared. Jeremie, however, used the materialized strand of hair to bring her back. When Aelita and Jeremie try to do more tests on materialization, Aelita accidently does some preparations that Jeremie had already done, causing Jeremie to get mad at her. As Jeremie thinks he hurt Aelita, he decides to go into Lyoko by himself, but an error occurs, moving Jeremie somewhere between Lyoko and Earth. Aelita, who is connected to Jeremies' thoughts, activates four towers from four sectors, bringing Jeremie safely back to Earth just before the supercomputer had him erased. During Ghost Channel, Odd, Yumi and Ulrich dissappeared during Return To The Past. Aelita finds out that X.A.N.A had created a virtual reality to trick the missing trio into thinking that they were actually back in the real world. As Jeremie virtualized himself to save the others, Aelita used her abilities to destroy the illusion, freeing the others from X.A.N.As mercy.
Jeremie soon manages to create the correct materialization program, sending Aelita to the Forest Sector. However, monsters attack her and the tower she is in in order to stop her from leaving. But with the help of Ulrich, Aelita materializes for the first time on Earth with others being at the Scanner room to welcome her. Jeremie had her enrolled to Kadic as Odds' cousin and Yumi had her parents convinced about she staying at her home and Aelita was even better than Jeremie in the classes. But when team tried to shut down the supercomputer, Aelita collapses. As Jeremie investigated, he found out that X.A.N.A. had giving Aelita a virus that connects them both. If X.A.N.A. is destroyed, so is Aelita. With X.A.N.A. sending his monsters to attack Kadic, Aelita deactivates the tower and decides to stay in Lyoko in case X.A.N.A. would attack again. The Lyoko Warriors decide that Aelita would visit the Earth occasionally to visit for them.
As Jeremie had created vehicles for Odd, Ulrich and Yumi, X.A.N.A had created new monster, Tarantula. Aelita visits the Earth, where Jeremie and the others had prepared an surprise for her, which was her being enrolled to Kadic again with a room and everything. Aelita happily accepts the offer and enrolls as Aelita Stones. During a field trip, Aelita suffers from visions, leading her to an old abandoned house, The Hermitage, where X.A.N.A. ambushes her and tries to kill the team inside the houses' boiler room. Aelita manages to escape with Odds' help and they deactivate the tower.
Sometime later in school, Aelita doesnt get along with others well, as Sissi tricks her into entering the boy's bathroom and feeling that no one has time for her, Aelita returns to Lyoko, where X.A.N.A.'s monsters trick her to the edge of Forest Sector and a transportation orb appears, taking Aelita to a new, mysterious sector, where the Scyphozoa attacks Aelita to steal her memory. She is saved by the others and brought back to Earth, where she decides to stay while learning to insult Sissi as well. As the team goes to investigate Sector 5, Yumi has to stay behind because of her parents getting suspicious. Ulrich and Odd however get devirtualized and Aelita is almost attacked by the Scyphozoa again, but Yumi arrives just in time. Jeremie and Aelita decide to work on an anti-virus that would free her from X.A.N.A's virus. However, as X.A.N.A. takes control over time reversion, Aelita is left to Lyoko by the program and the Scyphozoa attempts to steal Aelita's memory again, but is again stopped just in time.
As Aelita keeps having bad dreams, they eventually lead her to rediscover her past toy, Mr Puck, which has a key to a locker in the local train station. Jeremie finds a video diary of Franz Hopper, the man who used to own the Hermitage and work in Kadic before, however, the diary is locked with a code. X.A.N.A. takes control of Jeremie, destroying the diary, while kidnapping Aelita and sending her to Lyoko for the Scyphozoa and is again rescued by the others. As she gets a necklace as a Valentine present from a mysterious person (thinking it is Jeremie), she is possessed by X.A.N.A., who created the necklace. Being possessed, Aelita surrenders herself to the Scyphozoa, forcing Odd to shoot her to the point that she could die, which then again forces the Scyphozoa to let her go. Later, Aelita finds out that she is a good mixer, and she likes mixing so much that makes it her hobby. Later, the Scyphozoa steals Yumi's DNA code, forcing her to stay in Lyoko. Aelita chooses to transfer her DNA codes to Yumi, which would leave her memory without protection and X.A.N.A could steal it much more easily. Aelita stops the process, thanks to Ulrich and Odd. Together, they all visit Sector 5 and get Yumi's DNA codes back.
Jeremie later creates Marabounta, a program that would automatically wipe Lyoko of X.A.N.A.'s monsters. However, because of Aelita's virus, it also attacks her and becomes as almost self-aware as X.A.N.A, destroying everything in it's way and forcing the Lyoko Warriors to work together with X.A.N.A.'s monsters. Odd manages to destroy the monstrous program in the end and X.A.N.As monsters shows their graditude to Aelita, even though they are still enemies. Soon, news of Peter Duncan, a notorious criminal, has escaped the police and Aelita is having serious headaches and passes out during the class and is sent to hospital. There, she has two heart attacks and survives both of them. Jeremie finds out that Aelita's behavior is because of the super-computer looseing it's power and needing to be recharged. Peter Duncan, possessed by X.A.N.A, takes Jeremie and makes him change the core of the supercomputer, resulting in Aelita being alive and well again. X.A.N.A tries his best to get Aelita's memory: turning people into zombies, causing the team to break up by using a polymorphic clone and even kidnapping Yumi and Odd. As Aelita keeps seeing her visions, she goes to Sector 5 during one mission, only to find out that X.A.N.A propably used the visions to confuse Aelita.
Jeremie informs the others that X.A.N.A has activated 5 towers and team goes to the factory, where they find Franz Hopper, deactivating towers from the interface of the supercomputer without going to Lyoko. He explains that he was a prisoner, but managed to escape and that he was there to help the Lyoko Warriors rid of X.A.N.A. He reveals that the scanners and virtualization weren't ready for usage and finds out that Yumi has cellural problems in her brains, causing everyone - excluding Aelita - to turn against Jeremie. When Franz sends everyone to Lyoko, Jeremie had found out that Franz is an impostor and helped Aelita to send an replica of her to Lyoko, where the Scyphozoa attacked and destroyed it. With his plan in ruins, X.A.N.A's polymorphic Franz Hopper specter disappears and Aelita deactivates the tower in Sector 5. Soon however, in Odd's movie night, Sissi starts acting weird and Lyoko Warriors discover that the real Franz Hopper is trying to contact them. Jeremie sends Aelita to decode Hoppers diary, which X.A.N.A tries to take over, but fails and it is revealed that Aelita is actually Franz Hoppers daughter, who lived on Earth a long time ago. X.A.N.A didn't give Aelita an virus, but took a fragment of Aelita away and that he wants to steal the Keys of Lyoko from Aelita's memory, so he can escape from the supercomputer and conquer the world. Aelita tries to shut down the supercomputer and kill herself in the process, but Jeremie prevents it from happening and everyone goes to Sector 5 in order to find Aelita's missing fragment. One by one, Odd, Yumi and Ulrich are devirtualized and Aelita gets trapped with the Scyphozoa immediately arriving and stealing her memory, killing her and X.A.N.A breaks out of the supercomputer. Franz Hopper, however, uses all of his powers to revive Aelita, who finally gets her past memories back. Aelita decides that she and the Lyoko Warriors will destroy X.A.N.A, whatever it takes.
Two weeks have passed and Aelita has worked with Jeremie during the holidays that Odd and Ulrich spent in camp. Jeremie finally managed to track down X.A.N.A from the internet. However, X.A.N.A has sent monsters to a room below the Arena in Sector 5, which is revealed to be the Heart of Lyoko. Everyone defends the heart, with Aelita having developed a new power, Energy Field, which allows her to defend herself. Aelita also gets devirtualized like others, making Jeremie realize that Aelita doesn't need Code: Earth anymore to materialize.
With more attacks, X.A.N.A sends the Scyphozoa to plant an possessing virus on Aelita, which makes Aelita to run to the Way Tower, despite Odd trying to stop her. In a Way Tower, Aelita enters Code: X.A.N.A, which gives X.A.N.A access to the Forest Sectors system data, causing the malevolent program to delete the sector. Aelita later wonders if it's possible to bring her father back, causing her to argue with Jeremie about it. Aelita with Odds' help, sneaks onto Sector 5 to get info about Franz Hopper and they find out that X.A.N.A's monsters are attacking the Core again, stopping them with later help of Ulrich and Yumi. When X.A.N.A uses birds to attack again, Odd and Ulrich get competitive and accidentally leaves Aelita with the Scyphozoa, causing her to delete the Desert Sector. She is later possessed again in the Ice Sector, but is stopped by Yumi just in time before she entered the Way Tower. When X.A.N.A leads Ulrich and Odd to confuse the real world with Lyoko and vice versa, Aelita had to keep an eye on them while taking them to Way Tower. Later on, X.A.N.A sabotages the supercomputer, making it impossible for Aelita to deactivate the tower or Jeremie to reboot the system. In order to avoid total destruction of the supercomputer, Aelita had to delete the Ice Sector. Aelita is later possessed once more to delete the Mountain Sector, however, Jeremie finds a way to virtualize everyone directly to Sector 5 and they also added William Dunbar to their group as he has proven himself trustworthy enough. As Ulrich has to deal with his father, Odd races in skateboard competition, Yumi is babysitting Hiroki and Jeremy is being interviewed by Milly and Tamiya, X.A.N.A decides to attack the Heart of Lyoko, leaving only Aelita and William to deal with the problem. William, however, gets too reckless and the two of them get separated. William meets the Scyphozoa, which possesses' him and when Aelita catches up on him, William devirtualizes her and joins the monsters in the Heart Chamber. Aelita watches as one by one Odd, Ulrich and Yumi are devirtualized and William destroys the Heart of Lyoko just before Jeremie would have managed to rescue Franz Hopper. With Lyoko gone, Aelita realizes that if they can't fight X.A.N.A, the whole world is in great danger. However, Franz Hopper sends an email to Jeremies' laptop along with the data to recreate Lyoko.
Aelita and Jeremie have worked on the recreation of Lyoko for a couple of weeks and they manage to bring Sector 5 back into existence. On that night, William appears, claiming that he woke up in the factory. Later on, William meets Aelita in her room and reveals himself to be possessed by X.A.N.A before knocking Aelita unconscious and taking her to factory, where he virtualizes them. In Sector 5, William races with the Lyoko Warriors to take Aelita out of Sector 5 to the Digital Sea, where he could throw Aelita into said sea, but she is rescued by Odd.
Later, Chris from The Subdigitals arrive to Kadic in order to find a mixer for the opening act they're gonna hold. Aelita attempts to take her demo to Chris, but is captured by polymorphic specter, that takes her to Lyoko, where William threats to throw her into the Digital Sea. Aelita is however rescued by others. In order to cover up Williams absence, Jeremie created an clone of him, which was temporarily taken control of X.A.N.A. Jeremie and Aelita had also worked on virtual submarine, that would allow them to travel around network, but when they are working together at night, they are caught by Jim, who puts them into detention, preventing Aelita and Jeremie from completing most vital part of creating the submarine. X.A.N.A adds more trouble by sending William along with some monsters to attack submarine, but Kiwi manages to get Jim distracted from Jeremie's and Aelita's detention, allowing them to help others to defend the submarine. They try to think name for it, which Aelita finds from viking books that her father used to read to her. The ship would always get to its destination no matter how bad the storm was, Skidbladnir. During Skids maiden voyage, Aelita managed to convince Jeremie into letting them to travel into network, however Jeremie had an error with Skids Navigation System and neads to retrieve an disc for it from school. Meanwhile, Aelita and others discover an sphere, similar to Lyoko, which Aelita realises not being Lyoko itself. After Jeremie had program retrieved, Aelita tells about their discovery, which Jeremie realizes is probably an replika of Lyoko created by X.A.N.A after he stole Aelita's memory.
As Jeremie decides to hold an crash course about usage of supercomputer to others, Aelita gos to final round of auditions held by Subdigitals, however X.A.N.A attacks during that time and knocks Jeremie unconscious, forcing team to work together to deactivate the tower. Later on, Odd has played whole night and is too tired to enter classes, asking Aelita to make an excuse for his absence. Aelita tells Jim that Odd is in infirmary, which Jim believes but ends up getting himself to infirmary, where he discovers that Odd wasnt there after all, gaining detention to both Odd and Aelita, who start arguing with Odd over Aelita's way of making excuses and Aelita over Odds laziness. With two of them arguing, team travels back to the Replika they discovered, finding an copy of Forest Sector within it. Ulrich and Yumi decides to look around, not willing to stand Odds and Aelita's fight, leaving two of them to guard Skid. Odd starts to feel regret about their fight, but Aelita isnt willing to give up. William attacks along with some monsters. As Odd is about to fall into Digital Sea, Aelita rescues her by devirtualizing him. As Odd finds out that Nicolas and Herb are about to discover the lab, Odd tells Jeremie to bring Aelita back to Earth and two of them show up for Nicholas and Herb, kissing each other (which Nicholas and Herb find awkward, probably because of everyone believes that they are cousins) which causes Nicholas and Herb to leave. Soon Jeremie tries to train others into better shape, but everyone complains about his training, causing team to seek help from Jim, whos teaching methods are even harder than Jeremie's. Aelita finds recruiting Jim an mistake, which Jeremie corrects. When X.A.N.A attacks however, everyone, even Aelita herself seem to have improved physically as they go to Lyoko and deactivate tower. During an trip to the island in middle of an lake, X.A.N.A traps everyone in the island, attempting to burn them into crisp with lightning. Ulrich manages to hide Aelita into one of the boats and have her going to the factory by using Sissi's bike, that Sissi took with her. At factory, Aelita activates four towers from four sectors to activate Skids shields that destroys Scyphozoa, that has been draining power from Skid. Aelita then goes to help Yumi to deal with William and deactivates the tower.
When team finds an way to seek and destroy Replikas supercomputers, Odd and Aelita are energized as specters depp into Amazonian rainforest, where they seek for supercomputer, only to find out that X.A.N.A is building something. Aelita uses her powers to open code-locked doors and they eventually finds supercomputer but are energized back by William, who took over the process through tower that was connected to Skid. With two of them returning, they have to abort mission, though Odd later managed to destroy the supercomputer. Aelita starts seeing dreams about her and her parents life in mountains and her mother being abducted by Men in Black. She tells about her dream, but everyone has to go to vacation, leaving Aelita alone to school. She then receives an message from Franz Hopper, telling her to meet her at Ice Sector, where he had created an virtual reality bubble. As Aelita greets her father, she soon notices that something is wrong when her father doesn't remember name of Skidbladnir and starts questioning Franz about her mother. As she realises it is X.A.N.As trick, William steps in. Aelita shatters the virtual reality and tries to escape from William, with others arriving there as well. However Aelita ends up being thrown to Digital Sea. As everyone believes she is gone, Franz Hopper emerges from the sea, dropping Aelita back to Sectors surface. When monsters start to attack him, Aelita begs him to leave Lyoko at once, leaving William enraged by the failure. Team soon also finds and destroys Desert and Sector 5 Replikas. Soon the Subdigital concert arrives, with Aelita being opening act in it, but she is captured by xanafied show manager and virtualized to Lyoko, missing her opening act. Others discover her whereabouts and come to her rescue once again and with return to the past, Aelita doesn't miss her concert this time. When Aelita and Jeremie look around Hermitage, they discover rebooting program formula for supercomputer. Meanwhile Odd accidentally sends Aelita's and Franz Hoppers picture to Sissi, who gives it to her father, who starts to suspect Aelita's identity. Finding out that Aelita isn't who she is saying she is, X.A.N.A possess him and captures Aelita. Aelita is sent to Forest Sector, where Scyphozoa attacks her, possessing her and X.A.N.A commands her to jump down into Digital Sea. As Ulrich and Yumi arrive, Aelita obtains one of Ulrichs katanas and uses it to fight him. Jeremie uses rebooting program to clean the Lyoko from X.A.N.As presence and frees Aelita from his will.
With discovering Ice Replika, Aelita and Ulrich, who guard the Skid are sent to deactivate an tower that has sent William to Earth to prevent Yumi and Odd from destroying the Ice Replikas supercomputer. Aelita however realises that tgis tower could hold key for freeing William. As Tower is deactivated, William returns to Replika in order to destroy the Skid, but is stopped by Ulrich and Aelita again. Then two of them witness X.A.N.A creating his strongest monsters yet, which devirtualizes them immediately and almost wipes out Skid, which is saved by Odd and Yumi. Odd names the monster Kolossus. When team returns to Ice Replika, Aelita is transferred to Siberian research facility along with Odd. There they discover X.A.N.As robot army, that evil AI would use to take over the world. They fail to destroy the supercomputer though, but thanks to Aelita's hard work, Jeremies program and Odds laser arrows, William is devirtualized and freed from X.A.N.As control. However, Kolossus managed to destroy Skid in the process. Without possibility of travelling around network with hundreds of replikas out there, team Lyoko sees no other way than to get rid of X.A.N.A if they wish to save the world. Soon team receives message from Franz Hopper, telling them to meet him in Ice Sector in order to get rid of X.A.N.A. Aelita meets her father again, but the Kolossus and many more monsters attack, forcing Aelita and Odd to retreat to Sector 5, where Aelita enters interface of Celestial Dome with X.A.N.A's destruction program. When they don't have enough power to run it and Odd gets devirtualized, Franz Hopper arrives and gives all the energy for Aelita. However they payed heavy price as Franz Hopper is killed by two Mantas, causing Aelita immediately run the program, that destroys X.A.N.A's monsters, cleans all the sectors and destroys all the Replikas around network, destroying X.A.N.A. Aelita is brought back to Earth, where team decides to shut down the supercomputer, since it's no more use for them anymore.
Code Lyoko Evolution (Season 5)
Sometime later after Franz Hopper's sacrifice, Aelita finds suspicious activity with schools electric equipment. Thinking its X.A.N.A, Jeremie tries to convince her that it isn't possible. As team goes back to factory and restarts the supercomputer, Jeremie discovers that Forest and Ice Sectors have disappeared. Sending Aelita and Odd to Lyoko, Aelita checks the Sector 5 tower to see if its activated. However, Jeremie finds out that there is another tower in Sector 5 that has been activated by X.A.N.A and soon Aelita and Odd are attacked by monsters. Aelita deactivates the tower and Jeremie finds out after Polymorphic Specter attacked Ulrich, that X.A.N.A survived by implementing its source codes to Aelita, Odd, Yumi and Ulrich. Jeremie and Aelita reprograms Skidbladnir and they inform the team about it, however they meet up with William, who's grown suspicious with teams behaviour and suggests that X.A.N.A is back, despite Odd trying to cover it up. Lyoko Warriors however dont let William rejoin them because of him being captured by X.A.N.A out of recklessness. As team (excluding Odd) returns to factory, they travel into network again and discover another virtual world, which Aelita names Cortex because of its shape. They enter the new virtual world and Aelita tries to gain access to its core, but is suprised by William, who was sent there by Jeremie. As Aelita gains access to the Cortexs core, she finds an interface where she finds picture of his father within. However core closing, Aelita is forced to leave. Later, small child hugs Aelita and Yumi and Ulrich comes into contact with child while trying to separate him from Aelita. They discover that its one of X.A.N.A's specters, trying to steal source codes inside them. After some challenges she manages to deactivate the tower, making specter disappear.
With new student, Laura Gauthier appearing, Aelita notices her being smarter than Jeremie and doesn't look too happy meeting her. Returning to Cortex, Aelita and others see Jeremie's new creation, MegaPod. An vehicle that allows them to travel through Cortex much more safely. However, it gets stuck and monsters attack it, forcing Aelita to defend it. She eventually gets devirtualized because of Odd making an joke about Jeremie and Laura being flirting with each other. Aelita finds out that Laura is in the laboratory, helping out Jeremie, much for Aelita's displeasure. With team gathered to lab, they try to vote for Laura joining the team, which Aelita disapproves and starts return to the past, erasing Laura's memory. Still, with William trying to gain teams trust back, Aelita and others don't tell him about whats going on. However they soon need Williams help once again, making him and Ulrich to put aside their rivalry. And William is finally accepted as the sixth member of the team once again.
Aelita's hair is pink on Lyoko and in the real world. Aelita wears different outfits at different times on Earth. Her daytime/outside outfit in the first season is a maroon skirt, yellow shirt and a dark pink jacket. In the second and third season, she wears a dark pink jumper dress over a light pink hooded long sleeved shirt with two fuzzy pull strings and pink knee boots. In season 4, her outfit consists of a dark purple dress that comes to her knees and light pink Quarter length leggings underneath. Her night clothes consist of white socks (sometimes; almost always she goes barefoot) and an over sized pink t-shirt with a red letter A on the front.
On Lyoko, her ears are pointed, like an elf's. Her left ear has a small dangle earring that looks like a fishing lure. Her Lyoko ID card shows a picture of her face and body as do the rest of them. She also has light pink, maroon-edged sleeveless covering her lower arms.
For the first three seasons, Aelita's Lyoko attire consists of a light pink-and-white mini skirt and a matching top that go over trousers and a long shirt that are both off-white, and matching shoes. In the fourth season, Aelita receives a new pink form-fitting suit on Lyoko, which has a pair of retractable energy wings that enable Aelita to fly.
She is in 8th grade for Seasons 1-2 and in 9th through Seasons 3-4. In Season 1 she is 12 (being skipped ahead). In Seasons 2-4 she is 13 (though it mentions in episode 37 that she is still 12). In Evolution, she should be 14-15 starting in the 11th grade.
Aelita is technically the oldest one in the group (chronologically) being 22 years old at the start of the series, but due to her stay in Lyoko, she has psychically remained the age of 12 for the last 10 years.
Aelita is quite smart and intelligent beyond her years, shows kindness, generosity and compassion towards her friends, but is also quick-witted; she is good at making up insults for Sissi (as seen in Unchartered Territory) and good at outsmarting monsters on Lyoko. However, as the second youngest (physically) of the five children, she is also the most naive; during her first encounters with Earth her feelings were easily hurt and she was easily swayed by others, most notably Sissi. With the support of her friends she adapts to her new environment quickly however, and her maturity progresses throughout the series.
Aelita always blushes when she talks about something secretive with Jeremie and her. She is Jeremie's love interest. She loves music and is a great D.J because her father used to play piano for her. Being a talented D.J, the Subdigitals decided for her to perform as the opening act for their concerts, as seen in Music To Soothe the Savage Beast. She also played tunes at a school dance in Final Mix. William stated that she was really incredible.
At first, Aelita just contacted the team during attacks, but by Big Bug, Aelita seemingly grew fond of talking to Jeremie on a daily basis about his life. Jeremie also constantly made hints that he really liked talking to her. Their deep romantic feelings for each other grow even stronger during the series, but the first obvious signs came during Cruel Dilemma and Frontier, and most visible at the end of X.A.N.A.'s Kiss. During Code Lyoko Evolution, she got resentful and jealous of Laura, who helped out Jeremy at the lab. In another episode of Evolution, it is revealed that she calls Jeremie "Proxy-Pie" when they're alone together.
Aelita had admitted that Jeremy was special, as he was the one who had turned on the supercomputer and eventually succeeded in materializing her back into the real world. Also, that he had taken care of her and was always there for her and that she would always trust him no matter what.
Although Odd tends to just treat her like 'one of the gang', he and Aelita have a good friendship. Their dynamic was explored in the episode Replika, during which they have an argument that hinders their progress on Lyoko. They both realize their mistakes however and make up in order to prevent the factory from being discovered by Herb and Nicholas.
As the only girls in the group, Yumi and Aelita form a close bond. Like normal female best friends they tend to share stories and gossip, as seen best in Common Interest.
The first member of the team other than Jeremie to know about Aelita's existence. Ulrich's relationship with Aelita can be compared to one of siblings, since he spends a lot of time protecting her, even using a pet name, 'Princess'. They have a good friendship and rarely fight, with the exception of the instance in the episode The Pretender.
Before he was accepted as member of Team Lyoko, Aelita and William rarely had any interactions with each other. During his first mission, Aelita found William's playful behavior at Lyoko a bit irritating. During season 4 Aelita is William's main target as he is possessed by X.A.N.A for the whole time. Even so, Aelita was always the one who told the team that they needed to rescue him. In Code Lyoko Evolution, Aelita and others didn't allow William to rejoin the team before they needed him. When William appeared for Aelita at the Cortex for the first time, she almost shot him with an energy field as William looked exactly like he did during the time he was possessed.
As Laura is almost intelligent and works with computers as much as Jeremy, Aelita grows some jealousy and distrust towards her. It is possible she Laura as competition with Jeremie. She wasn't happy to see her at the lab when she first helped Team Lyoko in "Mrs. Einstein", even when it was necessary, becoming more spiteful towards her. When the group planned to vote as to whether or not let Laura join the team in the end of the episode, she launched a Time Reversion herself before they could properly vote. She was firmly against Laura becoming a seventh Lyoko Warrior, insisting Laura was nothing but trouble and that they just couldn't trust her, even when it seemed logical to have her brought into the group as she was clearly more intelligent in computer codes and systems than her and Jeremie. She finally reluctantly agreed to it when seeing Laura had altered the Time Reversion to exclude her from having her memories erased whenever it was activated, much to her anger and frustration.
She and Laura continue to have a rather rough relationship with Aelita doing anything she can to have Laura removed from the group. Such as in the episode "Chaos at Kadic" when Laura showed the Supercomputer to her father, as the only way to convince him let her remain at Kadic, Aelita immediately demanded she be removed from the group, insisting she went too far, but William said they couldn't just kick her out because she did something under pressure from her father. Despite some rough tension, in "Rendezvous" as Laura leaves to return to Kadic from the Factory, Aelita thanks her for her help. Also in "Friday the 13th" when Odd's life was potentially on the line when operating the Skid and it was about to collapse into the Digital Sea with no shields, Aelita demanded for Ulrich and William to get Laura for help, flatly saying they needed her. Although she seemed against the idea of Laura going to Lyoko, physically stopping Jeremy just as he is about to transfer her, making Laura furious.
- ID Card: The card shows the half of Aelita's body and carries the Eye of X.A.N.A. in the back, the Eye is pink in colour.
- Health: 100 Life Points
- Energy Fields - Aelita from Season 3 onwards, she can create areas of deep pink pure electric energy with gelatinous form, which appeared in the episode Straight to Heart. Jeremie says she developed this new power on their own during the holidays, now showing that Aelita can fight like the rest of the team. They are slower than Odd's laser Arrows and are somewhat easy to dodge, but they have no need to hit the Eye of X.A.N.A. to destroy a monster. However, for a Megatank, it's shell has to be opened. Like Odd and Ulrich with their attacks, when Aelita creates or throws an energy field, she yells out "energy field". When the ball hits an enemy, the Energy Field disappears and the enemy is covered with pink electricity before exploding. In the case of a Lyoko Warrior, he/she will immediately devirtualize or be stunned for a short while. A single sphere with a single blow can devirtualize any (except when Aelita is possessed by X.A.N.A. in Season 3), it can also do great harm to any object or destroy it. Aelita has a protection technique to join two energy fields together, creating a small shield impenetrable. In Season 4, Aelita learned to expand the fields of energy, making them more powerful in Lyoko, also if the spheres are combined with Creativity. Aelita can create a temporary yellow barrier of pure energy when needed. In episode 70 (Skidbladnir) she launched an even more powerful version of the Field of Energy, an Energy superfield, and use it to devirtualize X.A.N.A. William in a single shot - however she was totally exhausted after firing it. When Aelita is teleported to earth as a Spectre, her fields look different, being a yellowish orange color, surrounded by a red aura with four yellow rays and act as bolts similar to electricity. On earth energy fields are ten times stronger and ten times more powerful than on Lyoko.
- Lyoko Powers/Abilities:
- Creativity - This ability allows Aelita to alter, control and manipulate the landscapes and terrain of Lyoko or create invulnerable clones of herself. While energized as a polymorphic spectre on Earth, it is capable of cracking computer codes and opening sealed doors. It's been stated that each use of her ability decreases her current life point total, so she cannot consistently call upon it for defense or assistance.
- Petrification - This seems to be a small part of her Creativity, as it lets her lock monsters temporarily in blocks of ice (a clear example is in the episode Vertigo when she freezes the Scyphozoa) and make ice walls as a shield to protect herself from Krabs or other monsters as seen in X.A.N.A. Awakens Part 2 and episodes from Season 1. The petrified monster can be used as a column or platform to reach higher ground, this ability also serves as a means to easily destroy monsters or to block opponents.
- Connection to Lyoko - Aelita and Lyoko have a connection, which is due to the fact that she had one of the keys of Lyoko (the other one is her father Franz Hopper / Waldo Schaeffer). This gives her a psychic link to the Supercomputer, allowing her to feel if it is turned on and how well it performs. However, this also gives advantages, as Aelita has an extraordinary intellectual ability. Aelita can also sense X.A.N.A's presence by meditating and sensing Pulsations before anyone can track down the Tower, and can perform actions through the network into the real world, similar to X.A.N.A.
- Tower Control - Aelita, because of her connection to Lyoko, has the power to control, activate and deactivate a Tower at will. This power allows her to float to the second platform of a Tower and use interface by typing codes such as:
- Code Lyoko - If X.A.N.A. has activated an Tower. In all seasons and among all Lyoko Warriors, Aelita is the only one (until Code Lyoko Evolution) with the power to control Towers and neutralize the attack of X.A.N.A. (William's power is only because of being possessed by X.A.N.A).
- Code: X.A.N.A. - which gives X.A.N.A full access to one sectors data, if entered any of the Way Towers, and
- Border Code - which had to be entered into four towers of four sectors, so Aelita could recover virtual memory lost, as seen when she does it to save Jeremie after his failed Virtualization. Only seen in episode 19 (Frontier)
- Jeremie also typed or used other codes for Aelita such as the Code Earth, which allowed Aelita to materialized on Earth (appears at the end of season 1 and used until the end of Season 2, where Aelita regained her human memory).
- Creativity - This ability allows Aelita to alter, control and manipulate the landscapes and terrain of Lyoko or create invulnerable clones of herself. While energized as a polymorphic spectre on Earth, it is capable of cracking computer codes and opening sealed doors. It's been stated that each use of her ability decreases her current life point total, so she cannot consistently call upon it for defense or assistance.
- Vehicle: Aelita doesn't have her own vehicle. However she sometimes uses and shares other vehicles. She is really skilled in riding the Overboard (which she rarely uses) but usually uses an Overwing for transportation. When she shares the vehicle, she doesn't drive.
- Skidbladnir - A submarine which was made by Jeremie and Aelita to navigate the Digital Sea. Aelita knows best how to pilot the ship, while in the main cockpit.
- Angel Wings - Although not an actual vehicle, they are often Aelita's primary mode of transportation. Wings are integrated in her new suit. They first appeared in episode two of Season 4 Double Take where she and her team changed their costumes and equipment on Lyoko. By waving her hand over a star-shaped bracelet she wears on his right wrist, a pair of wings will appear on her back which allows her to fly. Usually when Aelita lands, her wings disappear but she is able to reactivate them when the need arises. If Aelita is attacked while in flight, the wings will disappear. They also allow her to fly through the air at incredible speeds similar or superior to those of Ulrich's Super Sprint. Aelita is also able to transport someone else. For example, in episode Double Take, Yumi was transported and Odd in episode Kadic Bombshell.
Code Lyoko: Quest for Infinity: Wii Edition
In the game, Aelita has three powers: Petrification, Creativity "occasionally referred to as "materialization" for some stupid reason," and Flight. Aelita's primary attack is Energy Fields, which can be made more powerful by holding the B button to charge them up. To jump, press 'A'. To run and walk, use the joystick in the nunchuck. She is the left option on the arrow pad. She has to stand still while firing. She can make a shield Energy Field by holding 'Z'.
You can use Petrification to freeze enemies in solid blocks of ice for a limited amount of time. To activate, move the cursor over the enemy you wish to Petrify and hold C. When ice appears at their feet, swing the Wii remote over your head. This can be used to reach higher floors by jumping on the petrified enemy. By default, this only works on small monsters, such as variants of the Kankrelats. It can be upgraded. This is not available at the start, and must be unlocked.
This power enables you to create virtual bridges to reach platforms to far away to jump. To activate, stand on top of an ability hologram and press C. A glowing point will appear in the place where the bridge will be. Move the cursor over it, and another one will appear in a different location. Connect to two dots to make another one appear. You may have to do this a couple times before the bridge appears. This is not available at the start, and must be unlocked.
You can use this ability to reach platforms to far away to jump. To activate this power, stand over an ability hologram and press C. Aelita's wings will appear, and when she glows pink, swing the Wii remote and Nunchuk down and up together. Repeat until you reach the other side. This is not available at the start, and must be unlocked, in the Ice Sector.
Code Lyoko: Quest for Infinity: PS2 Edition
Code Lyoko: Quest for Infinity: PSP Edition
Aelita doesn't have most of her usual powers in this game, due to hardware limitations. She can fly in certain cases, but it requires energy. She can also make an energy shield, but it costs energy. She can also use her energy fields earlier, but they also cost energy. Her unlockables are increased energy and lifepoints, increased damage to enemies, increased energy efficiency, and the ability to walk with the shield up.
To unlock Aelita in the Social Game, complete the mission "Go help Aelita!." She tends to have an absurdly high level of HP.
- Aelita uses a scooter while traveling to the Factory in the sewers. She also has a mobile phone for herself.
- It seems all the things she owns have been bought for her by Jeremie, whom she refers to as her "meal ticket".
- Like X.A.N.A., Aelita has the power to strike out at the real world. In Ghost Channel, Aelita ordered the pipes in the boiler room to destruct, allowing Jeremie to elude Jim and Mr. Delmas. Unlike X.A.N.A., Aelita doesn't require a tower to create such attacks because she makes her own rules, giving her a certain advantage. It is unknown why she doesn't use it to counter X.A.N.A.'s attacks, although it is presumed that she cannot control things already controlled by X.A.N.A. This could be in exchange for her ability to not need a tower.
- When Aelita was a child, she had a doll named Mister Pück. This same doll would be used by her father to hide the key to a locker containing his diary.
- Aelita is an excellent DJ, and knows how to play the piano, thanks to her father.
- In Code: Earth, Yumi says to her parents that Aelita is her pen-pal from Japan, while Odd tricks Mr. Delmas by saying Aelita is his cousin from Holland. These all, of course, are lies so Aelita can stay on Earth and to make peoples believe that Aelita is a normal girl.
- Aelita is the 1st person other than Yumi to use her Tessen Fans in Attack of the Zombies.
- The name 'Aelita' means "Voice Of Protection", a possible reference to her soft melodic/angelic singing when using her Creativity.
- In Saint Valentine's Day, the necklace she got from X.A.N.A. possessed her without the need of the Scyphozoa.
- Despite being an angel, she still has the ears of an elf
- When possessed by X.A.N.A., Aelita is only ever defeated and devirtualised once; by Yumi, in The Secret.
- Aelita shares her English voice actress with Jeremie.
- Other people can activate Aelita's wings for her - seen in one episode when Odd fires a laser arrow at her bracelet, which releases her wings to save her.
- In Season 1 and 2, she gets hurt when Lyoko is in any way damaged, like X.A.N.A., as seen in Common Interest.
- Aelita has several last names, but of course, only one is real. When Yumi asked her parents if Aelita could stay with them, she said that her last name was Lyoko out of panic. Later in season 2, they decided that Aelita would stay at Kadic, and decided that her last name would be Stones, as Aelita said, "Like the Rock Band." When the group found out that Franz Hopper is her father, they then made a false conclusion that Hopper is her last name, which was then proved wrong when they discovered that Hopper is her mother's maiden name, which Franz Hopper used as a cover name. They now know that Schaeffer is her true last name.
- The background for Aelita's computer resembles the logo electronics artist Deadmau5 uses without ears.
- In New Order, Aelita's grade point average was 98.3.
- In the Spanish, Latin-American dialect, she is played by Xochitl Ugarte. In the Spanish, European dialect, dub, she is played by Olga Velasco.
- In the Japanese dub, she was played by Yū Shimamura. Her name was spelled as アイリータ and pronounced as Airita.
- Before she rediscovered her name in "X.A.N.A. Awakens," Jeremie named her Maya. Maya is the name of a piece of animation software, and possibly one of the ones used on Code Lyoko.
- Aelita may have, if not has come close to having died twice in the series. Once in Just in Time where she deactivated a tower, causing her deletion (starting the theory that Aelita's current state is just a mere clone created by Jeremie using the hair he got in the materialization test). The second was in The Key, when her keys to Lyoko were taken from her, and her data was lost, and she perished with Lyoko (until her father restored her).
|Jeremie Belpois | Aelita Schaeffer | Odd Della Robbia | Yumi Ishiyama | Ulrich Stern | William Dunbar|
|Sissi | Jim Morales | Suzanne Hertz | Anthea Schaeffer | Mr. Delmas | Laura Gauthier | Franz Hopper|
|Kiwi | Herb Pichon | Nicholas Poliakoff | Amelia "Milly" Solovieff | Tamiya Diop | Hiroki Ishiyama | Johnny | Takeo and Akiko Ishiyama|
|X.A.N.A. | Monsters|
|Professor Tyron | Ninjas | X.A.N.A. William|
|Jean-Baptiste Pujol | Theo Gauthier | Emily LeDuc | Taelia | Samantha Knight | Samantha Suarez | Heidi Klinger | Mathias Burrel | Magali de Vasseur | Claire Girard | Brynja Heringsdötir | Patrick Belpois|
|X.A.N.A. Aelita | X.A.N.A. Odd | X.A.N.A. Yumi | X.A.N.A. Ulrich | X.A.N.A. Franz Hopper | X.A.N.A. Anthea Schaeffer | Jeremie Clone | Aelita Clone | William Clone | Subdigitals|