There are rules on Code Lyoko Wiki. This is a list of those rules.
Welcome to Code: WIKI, the ultimate Code: LYOKO reference. This is a place where you can edit and create pages having to do with Code: LYOKO. Excited? Want to start editing now? Well, don't! Read the below rules first.
Before you start editing, create an account. This will confirm you as a Lyokon. Then go about to create a userpage describing yourself, your interests, or other things you want to put down. Then, start editing by reading the editing guidelines below.
How to Write a Page
To bold, italicize, or bolditalicize words in your article, do this:
- ''italics'' appears as italics. (2 apostrophes on either side)
- '''bold''' appears as bold. (3 apostrophes on either side)
- '''''bolded italics''''' appears as bolded italics.
You always have to bold the subject the first time you mention it in the article. For example: "Roachsters are monsters."
To insert a picture, sign in, upload it (found in the toolbox section below the search field), then insert it like this:
- [[Image:Example.jpg|200 px|thumb|right|Description.]]
This means that Example.jpg will be 200 px big, be a thumbnail, be on the right, side, and have "Description" typed in its description. Get it? Hopefully. If not, simply contact the one of the Administrators.
You also have to learn headings. This is a large heading:
- ==Large Heading==
This is a smaller heading:
- ===Smaller Heading===
Style of Writing
Write everything in the present tense if it is true as of the most recent season's end. You may be sarcastic a little bit, i.e. "Ulrich is the real leader of team, but no one cares and they keep calling Jeremie the boss." Don't be overly sarcastic, like "Yumi wears black because she's depressed and you should be too." No. That's not good.
The Wiki Conventions
We have a lot of information from different sources here in the Code Lyoko Wiki, so, in order to keep a little continuity, we have established a series of conventions that we use as editors. They are fairly basic and easy to miss, but everything is in the detail!
- As aforementioned, the subject of every article should be bolded. For example, "Ulrich Stern is one of the main characters of Code Lyoko."
- For the first time (and first time only) that something or someone notable is mentioned in another article, please use hyperlinks to link it to its page. For example, "Ulrich is Odd Della Robbia's best friend."
- All episode names are in italics. For example, "Ulrich's debut episode is Teddygozilla."
- We are aware that there are multiple acceptable spellings for some of the character names in the Code Lyoko universe. However, we have agreed to keep to one spelling for every name. These are:
We only ask to please keep to these when editing/writing new articles whenever possible so to save time for other editors.
Before creating a page do two things. Firstly, check to see if the page you are trying to make is already a page, or a page under a slightly different name. If there is already a page their is no need for a second one. Secondly, determine if the page you are creating is notable. Ask yourself "Hmm, is a page on Jeremie's Glasses really needed?". If you are having doubts, it's probably because it's not as important as you might think.
Alright, you know everything. Start writing! If you want to really become a Lyokon, see other things you can do for Code: WIKI below.
There are various things you cannot do to be a member of this wiki:
- You cannot put false information purposefully on pages. Punishment: Other users will correct you.
- You cannot vandalize any pages. Punishment: Banishment for a day.
- You cannot be mean to other users and call them idiots and such. Punishment: Banning for a week.
- If you vandalize the wiki often, you will be banned for 3 weeks.
- You absolutely CANNOT delete the rules or attempt to destroy the wiki! Punishment: Banishment for six months.
- If you vandalize the wiki 10 times, you will be banned forever. (This is the ultimate offense)