The Desert Sector is a main surface sector of Lyoko. It is also the one with the most dangerous monster attacks. Most of the creatures can get around easily here. The Desert is made out of a collection of dry, rocky plateaus. There is very little greenery, the only trees being scattered here and there. Here, X.A.N.A. can create sandstorms, break apart the plateaus, and even tilt them at 90° angles to immobilize the warriors. The Desert is made up of two levels: the lower and higher levels. The higher level's plateaus are very large, and most towers in the sector can be found here. Large creatures, such as Megatanks, Bloks, and Krabs inhabit this area. The lower level's plateaus are very small, and small sharp rocks are littered.
In The Pretender, X.A.N.A. possessed Aelita and used her to completely destroy the Desert. However, Jeremie and Aelita manage to recreate the Desert Sector in Double Take as it was the first surface sector to make a reappearance.
- New Order
- Final Mix
- The Chips Are Down
- Attack of the Zombies
- X.A.N.A.'s Kiss
- Deja Vu
- Is Anybody Out There?
- Franz Hopper
- Double Take
- Wreck Room
- Hot Shower
- Dog Day Afternoon
- Kadic Bombshell
- Canine Conundrum
- Cousins Once Removed
Code Lyoko: Evolution
- How to Fool X.A.N.A.
- The Codeless
- The Trap
- False Pretenses
The Desert Sector contains an oasis complete with palm trees and small puddles of water. It contains minor shrubs. It appears to have water, but this is only a surface layer. It actually covers a long drop to another plateau. It appeared in Seeing Is Believing.
- In Seeing Is Believing, it is revealed that there are surface layers in the Desert Sector.
- This sector contained the tower that Jeremie activated to create and support the clone of William. This has been shown in Double Take, Wreck Room, and Dog Day Afternoon.
- Every time the Skidbladnir leaves Sector Five , it exits in the Desert Sector.
- The Desert Sector is one of the 3 sectors to survive between the Season 4 finale and unspecified rebirth of X.A.N.A. alongside the Mountain Sector and Sector Five.
- This was the first sector to show a Megatank.
- The Desert Sector was the first sector a Tarantula was shown in, in the Season 2 premiere known as New Order.
- It was also the first sector shown, in terms of production order, in episode 1 of Season 1, Teddygozilla.
- The Desert Sector was the first sector the vehicles were shown in.
- The Desert Sector was the first sector that was accessed after it was deleted, in William Returns. There was nothing present except the Digital Sea, but even without the platforms, it was obviously the Desert Sector based upon the lighting.
- Aside from Sector Five, the Desert Sector was the only sector that did not make an appearance in the two-part prequel known as X.A.N.A. Awakens.
- This was the first sector to have a platform turn sideways.
- This was the first sector to have invisible terrain.
- This was the second main sector to be utterly wiped out at X.A.N.A.'s command in The Pretender.
|Ice Sector | Desert Sector | Forest Sector | Mountain Sector | Carthage|
|Ice Replika | Desert Replika | Forest Replika | Mountain Replika | Volcano Replika | Carthage Replika|
|Other Virtual Worlds|
|Digital Sea | Cortex | Virtual Limbo | Simulation Bubble|
|Dormitory Building | Administrative Building | Cafeteria | Gym | Track | Park | Hermitage | Science Building | Playground | Garden Shed | Infirmary | Boiler Room|
|Union Base | New Mexico Research Facility | Space Station | Jungle Research Facility|
|Renault Auto Factory|
|Factory Floor | Factory Lift | Lab | Scanner Room | Supercomputer Room | Assembly Room | Security Center|
|Kadic Academy | The Sewer | The Factory | Ishiyama residence | The Pool|