After the Men In Black had kidnapped Anthea Schaeffer, a young Aelita Schaeffer and her father, Waldo moved there and changed their names, again. They lived there until some time in 1994, during which Waldo Schaeffer taught Science at Kadic and made Lyoko. In 1994, the Men in Black raided the house, and they abandoned it, taking refuge in Lyoko, but leaving behind a ton of information. Over the years, a lot of deterioration has happened, between normal degradation and what appears to either be vandalism or the MIB searching for things.
The house has a ground floor, a regular floor above it, a large basement, and what appears to be an attic. It has several security cameras. The first floor has a living area, hallway, stairwell, closet, abandoned piano, and a kitchen. The second floor has bedrooms and bathrooms. The basement has a utility room and a massive steam room which can operate well above human habitable levels.
Later, the house was rediscovered by the Lyoko Warriors in "New Order" "The first production order appearance". This caused Aelita to have severe flashbacks of living there, Franz Hopper playing the piano, MIB attacking, and an elf being chased by wolves. It was also where X.A.N.A. attacked Ulrich and Yumi, using the ludicrously dangerous steam room. Later, they found a book on the Punic wars, which led to the deduction of the password Scipio.
A later incident resulted in the discovery of her elf Mister Pück, which in chain led to the rediscovery of Franz Hopper's digital diary. On a handful of occasions, Aelita got upset and took refuge here, such as in "Aelita". Later in "Wrong Exposure", out of desperation, Aelita and Jeremie went here for help, and found a picture of her and Franz, with the math for part of the Supercomputer Reboot Program. Based on this, they recreated the program, and ended up using it.
- New Order (first appearance)
- Uncharted Territory
- Mister Puck
- X.A.N.A.'s Kiss
- Deja Vu
- The Key (flashbacks)
- The Hermitage also plays an important role in the five novels.
- It does not appear in Evolution.
- Aelita has had many visions involving the Hermitage.
- The Hermitage, where Aelita's family lived, still has many resources left behind. For example:
- In Uncharted Territory, the gang go to the house and they find a "misplaced" book called the "Punic Wars." Inside the book Jeremie found that it contained the riddle that had to be solved in order to get into Sector 5, otherwise known as Carthage.
- In Mister Pück, Aelita finds one of her dolls called Mister Pück (an elf) and attached to it was a key to a train station locker. The train station locker held all of Franz Hopper's Diary backup video files.
- Another time in Skidbladnir, Aelita takes out a book of old Norse stories from a shelf in the Hermitage, one story being about a mythical tall ship called the Skidbladnir, which could sail over land and would never sink. At the end of that episode they call their ship the Skidbladnir, or the Skid for short.
- The Hermitage has also been seen to be spelled as the "Ermitage" in episodes where the Hermitage was seen abandoned. This is because the French background art was accidentally left in the English episode instead of being changed for the dub. "Ermitage" is the French word for Hermitage.
|Ice Sector | Desert Sector | Forest Sector | Mountain Sector | Carthage|
|Ice Replika | Desert Replika | Forest Replika | Mountain Replika | Volcano Replika | Carthage Replika|
|Other Virtual Worlds|
|Digital Sea | Cortex | Virtual Limbo | Simulation Bubble|
|Dormitory Building | Administrative Building | Cafeteria | Gym | Track | Park | Hermitage | Science Building | Playground | Garden Shed | Infirmary|
|Union Base | New Mexico Research Facility | Space Station | Jungle Research Facility|
|Renault Auto Factory|
|Factory Floor | Factory Lift | Lab | Scanner Room | Supercomputer Room | Assembly Room | Security Center|
|Kadic Academy | The Sewer | The Factory | Ishiyama residence | The Pool|