The Ice Sector is a sector of Lyoko. It is sometimes referred to as the Polar Region/Glacier Region in Season 1 because it is covered in ice, or Sector 1 (as referred to in Mister Pück and Saint Valentine's Day). Like the Desert Sector, it also has virtual weather, as pointed out by Odd in The Girl of the Dreams.
The Ice Sector is made up of two major parts. The first part is the surface, composed of glaciers connected by narrow paths and large lakes of icy water. Monsters cannot swim, so the icy waters will destroy them if they fall into it. Most of the towers are based on the surface. The second part of the sector is below the surface; tunnels connect the two areas. The Lyoko Warriors often have to surf down these tunnels to get to an activated Tower.
The Ice Sector is home to all kinds of monsters, such as Bloks, Hornets, and Mantas. Due to its difficult range of reachable locations, X.A.N.A. placed his simulation bubbles in this sector in the episodes Ghost Channel and Distant Memory.
In Sabotage, X.A.N.A. activated a tower in the Ice Sector that was too well-guarded for our heroes to reach, and they were running out of time, so Aelita deleted the Ice Sector at her own will, destroying the activated tower in the process.
In Season 1, this Sector was used to have a strange light source that was always lighting and shadowing the Lyoko Warriors' faces. It is most likely that it was Sector Five's shining outer shell, but it is unknown why the light was taken away in Season 2.
Between shutting down the Supercomputer in the Season 4 finale and the unspecified rebirth of X.A.N.A., the Ice Sector was lost along with the Forest Sector, due its data being lost for a long period of time. It has not been confirmed whether Jeremie will restore it or not.
- X.A.N.A. Awakens (debut)
- Image Problem
- End of Take
- Ghost Channel
- False Start
- New Order
- Mister Puck
- Saint Valentine's Day
- Common Interest
- A Fine Mess
- Cold War
- Is Anybody Out There?
- Franz Hopper
- The Key
- Crash Course
- The Lake
- Dog Day Afternoon
- Distant Memory
- Guided Missile
- Kadic Bombshell
- Fight to the Finish
- Echoes (flashbacks)
- This was the only sector Jeremie was ever shown to visit. In Ghost Channel, Jeremie was virtualized into the simulation bubble that was inside this sector. It's implied he visited another in the episode Mister Pück, but this wasn't shown.
- This was the first sector Mantas were shown outside of Sector Five.
- This was the only sector that the Kolossus appeared in, as well as its Replika.
- This was the first sector Yumi was virtualized into chronological-wise in X.A.N.A. Awakens, Part 2.
- Chronologically, this was the first sector where Aelita used her Creativity for the first time.
- This was the only sector in season 3 that X.A.N.A. did not delete with Code: X.A.N.A..
- This was the third ecological sector to be deleted in Sabotage. However, unlike the deletion of the Forest, Desert, and Mountain's data, the Ice Sector was wiped out willingly by Aelita herself, who had then sent its virtual energy to Jeremie, so that he could fully reboot and re-energize the supercomputer.
|Ice Sector | Desert Sector | Forest Sector | Mountain Sector | Carthage|
|Ice Replika | Desert Replika | Forest Replika | Mountain Replika | Volcano Replika | Carthage Replika|
|Other Virtual Worlds|
|Digital Sea | Cortex | Virtual Limbo | Simulation Bubble|
|Dormitory Building | Administrative Building | Cafeteria | Gym | Track | Park | Hermitage | Science Building | Playground | Garden Shed | Infirmary|
|Union Base | New Mexico Research Facility | Space Station | Jungle Research Facility|
|Renault Auto Factory|
|Factory Floor | Factory Lift | Lab | Scanner Room | Supercomputer Room | Assembly Room | Security Center|
|Kadic Academy | The Sewer | The Factory | Ishiyama residence | The Pool|