|Height||estimated 8 metres|
|First Appearance||Cousins Once Removed|
The Kalamar is one of the newer monsters, debuting in the fourth season of Code Lyoko. It has an oval black/grey body with four long legs sticking out of it. The Eye of X.A.N.A. is located in the middle of The Kalamar's body. Its movements mimic that of a squid. Unlike other monsters, the Kalamar's primary weapons are not lasers. Instead, its enormous legs hold the target still while it uses the drill on its target to attack. This monster was designed solely to destroy the warriors while surfing the sea, ensuring imminent deletion.
Only one was seen in the show, but in some games there are many.
- The Kalamar is the second largest monster in existence, exceeded only by the Kolossus.
- The Kalamar is approximately the size of the Scyphozoa.
- Like the Scyphozoa, this monster has only been destroyed once (mostly because it has only appeared once). However it appears to follow the Scyphozoa's fighting style: wait for the target to be isolated by other monsters, then attack.
- In French, "calamar" means squid. Following the tradition of replacing the letter C with a K in Code Lyoko, the monster was named Kalamar. In English the name can be equated to cooked octopus, calamari.
- Like the Sharks and Kongres, this monster follows the digital sea's underwater motif.
| Lyoko: Kankrelats | Hornet | Blok | Krab | Megatank | Creeper | Manta | Black Manta | Guardian | Tarantula | Scyphozoa | Kolossus
Earth: Spectre | Polymorphic Clone
Digital Sea: Kongre | Shark | Kalamar
Video game only: Mite | Exploding Roachsters | Scorpion | Insekt | Dark Monster | Volcanoid | Ubertank | Omegatank | Mountain Bug | Insekt Lord | Ice Spider | Desert Driller | Magma Worm