|Lyoko Conquerors: The Online Wars|
(Early) Public version planned for 2018
RTS (Real Time Strategy)
Under development, prototype
11 prototypes - private betas
Lyoko Conquerors: The Online Wars is a Real Time Strategy (RTS) FanGame of Code Lyoko, inspired on Red Alert 2 and Warcraft 2. It’s the third Code Lyoko fangame created by Immudelki, along with the IFSCL and Lyoko Wanderers.
Note that this game isn't meant to be about the Lyoko Warriors, Immudelki considers that his IFSCL game fills the void for a game where you are able to play Jeremie Belpois, and that the official games are already there to play with the Lyoko Warriors.
The first prototypes development began in mid 2016 and they have been published a few months after. It’s possible to participate by applying for beta tests when a registration form is released through the Facebook page.
A first public release (playable advanced prototype) is planned around 2018.
NOTE: All this images are WIP (Work In Progress) so nothing should be considered as final (meaning that everything may change, even colours or shapes)
The game is meant to support up to 4 players competing against each other per game. The game is provided with a 100 simultaneous players (CCU) server payed by Immudelki. LANs and personal servers aren't available for security and techincal reasons.
A solo mode, at least with basic tutorial is planned. Eventually a small campaign might also be added though not confirmed yet.
The core game is meant to be on the multiplayer part.
- Like many RTS, you can create units and do research to improve or develop technologies. But following Lyoko’s art style, there’s no base building.
- Three new tower designs are introduced to counterbalance the lack of buildings: research tower, experimentation tower and domination tower. The classic design is called ‘production tower’.
- Victory conditions: All towers must be activated in order to win the game. Or, at least, all the ones from the opponent must be deactivated.
- Two main resources are available: Data and Energy. Energy comes with any activated tower, it’s used to create monsters but slowly comes back when the monster is destroyed. Unlike Energy, Data is a collectable ressource, and is gathered in various ways: activating a tower (that you never activated previously), killing enemies, and finding crates.
All 5 sectors of the main series are planned.
All the monsters that appeared in the 4 seasons are planned. X.A.N.A. William is the only Lyoko Warrior available in the game, and is called ‘The Commander’. The Polymorphic Clone is an original monster, based on the ones that appears on Earth in the series.
- Unlike the unfinished 'Code Lyoko: The Game' made by Kikou years before that, Lyoko Conquerors is a game completely made from scratch. Though Kikou’s game was really the main inspiration that proved that a game like this one was possible.
- This game openly borrows the gameplay and designs of the Command And Conquer series as a node to it.
- Unlike the series, to activate a tower, whether or not it’s activated by an enemy, you need to send your Commander in the tower.
- The polymorphic clone gameplay is based on the ‘spy’ unit in Red Alert 2.
- The synopsis of the game is meant to explain what X.A.N.A. might have been doing on its side after the end of Season 3, hence the original subtitle ‘The Replika Experiments’, which later became 'The Online Wars' for a better visibility and avoid the issue that Immudelki had on his other fangame, the IFSCL, which was hard to stubble upon with its name.
Other Immu games: