- This page is about the monster. For the episode of the same name, see "Marabounta."
The Marabounta was a monster created by Jeremie, based on the principle of ants, that if working together, each on individual tasks, collectively they could accomplish tasks worthy of one or more intelligent individuals. It only made one appearance, in the episode "Marabounta." It existed as a black/grey/brown/off-purple blob that started out as a single sphere. The single sphere quickly multiplied and becomes a sort of ooze. Its purpose was to get rid of X.A.N.A.'s monsters, like Krabs and Megatanks, by consuming them and dragging them into the slime (and to the unlucky one's doom), thereby allowing Team Lyoko to achieve victory much easier.
It was eliminated through a never-before-seen-or-seen collaboration between the Lyoko Warriors and X.A.N.A.'s monsters, before it could do any harm to Aelita. It was destroyed by a modified lazer arrow, armed with a virus, that struck the original sphere.
- Yumi was the only one of the Lyoko Warriors that was covered and devirtualized by the Marabounta, though it had tried to devirtualize Aelita.
- It was mentioned in the episode Down to Earth by Aelita.
- Since it was proven in the second season finale that a fragment of Aelita stolen by X.A.N.A. was the cause of her link to the Supercomputer and not a virus, a more likely explanation for the Marabounta attacking her was that, without that part of her digital memory, it only recognized Aelita as another program (like X.A.N.A.'s monsters) and not a virtualized human.
- This was Jeremie's first attempt at creating an Artificial Intelligence.