Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Monsters are simple programs created by X.A.N.A. to be its minions in the virtual world. They are directly virtualized into Lyoko and are primarily used to fight the Lyoko Warriors. According to codelyoko.fr, X.A.N.A. uses a base template which is used to make it easier to create new monsters.
X.A.N.A. virtualizes its monsters to use as its minions and soldiers inside of the virtual world. They functions as its scouts on Lyoko's sectors, and are mostly made to fight the Lyoko Warriors and all of its virtual enemies. It can also use them to guard its own resources from being taken or exploited, like its own Towers, prisoners, its repository of vast knowledge held within Carthage, and the Replikas it has created in the network. X.A.N.A. also sends attack waves of monsters to launch assaults on virtual targets or structures that it wants deactivated or destroyed (Towers activated by its enemies, the Core of Lyoko, the Skidbladnir, etc.).
When the goal has been lost or fulfilled, X.A.N.A. either makes them retreat or devirtualizes them at will, proving that all of its monsters are merely tools to do its bidding.
Monsters are created from a basic template program, with all their characteristics, allowing X.A.N.A. to create many monsters, all almost identical. This would correspond to the program created by Jeremie to virtualize vehicles. In some episodes, such as Marabounta, X.A.N.A. virtualizes creatures directly in the field as Jeremie does with the Lyoko Warriors. It is shown that monsters take up resources on which ever supercomputer they are located on, as seen with Kolossus since it can only be mobilised by X.A.N.A. with multiple Replikas as sources of energy.
When monsters fall into the digital sea, they are deleted. The destruction of their virtual envelope corresponds to their complete disappearance within the virtual world. Most of them have relatively simple artificial intelligence.
Most monsters have the ability to aim their laser, though they do not seem to do so often. This is shown from the monster's point of view, which is dominated by a trisected, white circle. When targeting something, an upside-down, red triangle follows what they intend to shoot. When it locks on, the red triangle centers within the circle and three red lines connect each vertex of the triangle to the circle. Only a few monsters have directly demonstrated this targeting system, but it is safe to assume that others utilize the same system.
Monsters on Lyoko
- Kankrelats: These monsters are X.A.N.A.'s weakest ones. They usually attack in large groups. They are much faster than Bloks, and are fairly hard to hit because of their small stature.
- Hornets: These are the first monsters that are capable of flight, and are one of the few to have more than one attack. They can fire rapid-fire lasers from their stingers and spray poisonous acid from their heads.
- Bloks: They are one of X.A.N.A.'s most used monsters. Bloks have three different attacks: standard laser, rings of flame, and freeze ray (which can immobilize its target in ice, for a short time). However, with an eye on each side of their 'heads' (four in all), their major weakness is that hitting any eye can destroy them.
- Krabs: They are generally found in groups of two or three. They can use their legs to stab their enemies, and fire strong lasers from their eyes. In the second season, they demonstrated the ability to project lighting blasts from under them. This is the only monster that can be destroyed by cutting off its legs.
- Megatanks: These are one of X.A.N.A.'s strongest monsters. They are large and ball-like, whose armor is indestructible. They attack with a powerful laser that can runs straight in all vertical directions. To do this attack, it must expose its Eye under its armor, making it vulnerable in that moment.
- Tarantulas: They were first introduced in New Order, they were depicted as X.A.N.A.'s deadliest monsters. They are excellent shots and are very durable. They can fire ray beams from the tips of their front legs; later, they can fire ray beams from their heads.
- Creepers: They are found in the Carthage Sector. Creepers are snake-like monsters that attack by firing lasers from their mouths.
- Mantas: The strongest flying monsters. They are large manta ray-like creatures with strong lasers, and can also defecate mines. They can fly through the air, but are slower than Hornets.
- Sharks: Only found in the Digital Sea. Shark-like creatures that attack by shooting torpedoes from their mouths.
- Kongres: Found only in the Digital Sea. They have the appearance of giant piranha eel monsters. They are the most common monsters seen in the Digital Sea and have only one laser weapon, which is fired from their eyes.
- Kalamar: Found only in the Digital Sea. It attacks by latching onto its target and drilling into it.
- Scyphozoa: One of X.A.N.A.'s most valuable pawns. It has the appearance of a giant jellyfish and is very difficult to destroy. It has the ability to drain the knowledge, DNA, and life force from a victim with its tentacles, and can also implant a virus within its victim, and also possess its mind.
- Kolossus: X.A.N.A.'s biggest and strongest monster ever. Created by drawing computing power from the hundreds of Replikas that it has established all over the Internet. It has the appearance of a giant fire and earth elemental being, with a sword replacing its left hand. Its body is indestructible and one attack from it results in instant devirtualization. The only way to destroy it was to simultaneously attack the Eye of X.A.N.A. on its head and its left sword arm.
Video Game Only Monsters
- Polymorphic Clone
- Kankrelats - in "False Start" and "Hard Luck"
- Krabs - in "A Bad Turn"
|Jeremie Belpois | Aelita Schaeffer | Odd Della Robbia | Yumi Ishiyama | Ulrich Stern | William Dunbar|
|Sissi | Jim Morales | Suzanne Hertz | Anthea Schaeffer | Mr. Delmas | Laura Gauthier | Franz Hopper|
|Kiwi | Herb Pichon | Nicholas Poliakoff | Amelia "Milly" Solovieff | Tamiya Diop | Hiroki Ishiyama | Johnny | Takeo and Akiko Ishiyama|
|X.A.N.A. | Monsters|
|Professor Tyron | Ninjas | X.A.N.A. William|
|Jean-Baptiste Pujol | Theo Gauthier | Emily LeDuc | Taelia | Samantha Knight | Samantha Suarez | Heidi Klinger | Mathias Burrel | Magali de Vasseur | Claire Girard | Brynja Heringsdötir | Patrick Belpois|
|X.A.N.A. Aelita | X.A.N.A. Odd | X.A.N.A. Yumi | X.A.N.A. Ulrich | X.A.N.A. Franz Hopper | X.A.N.A. Anthea Schaeffer | Jeremie Clone | Aelita Clone | William Clone | Subdigitals|