Shield is one of Odd's fewest abilities on Lyoko. As its name suggests, it encompasses the projection of a lilac-colored barrier that protects him from the lasers of X.A.N.A.'s monsters. Although it stretches from his neck to his knees (if not crouching), he rarely uses it in battle.
Use in Lyoko
Unlike all other members of Team Lyoko, Odd didn't have any defense until season two. He then gained the power to create up a shield by crossing his arms in front of his chest. His shield grows from the middle out a few inches away from the center of his forearm and is a clear, purple, curved circle.
Odd used in Straight to Heart to defend himself from a swarm of lasers fired from dozens of Creepers, that were attempting to destroy the very Heart of Lyoko itself.
Odd doesn't use the shield until I'd Rather Not Talk About It which shows that it still can be used after Odd's virtual equipment were upgraded by Jeremie. He uses it again in Dog Day Afternoon to reflect two Bloks lasers back at them. Odd also manages to use his shield in the real world when protecting himself and Aelita from X.A.N.A.'s robot army in Down to Earth. As a spectre, his shield is a gelatinous-looking magenta circle.
Although it shows to have good defense, Odd's shield can get destroyed after continuous laser fire, as seen in I'd Rather Not Talk About It. It only need three consecrated shots from a Manta in the same spot of the shield to shatter it, strangely de-virtualizing Odd as well. This was seen again in Down to Earth when X.A.N.A.'s robot army destroys Odd's shield and then teleports him back to the Skid.
In the Ice Sector, he used it to defend Franz Hopper (who manifested only as a floating white orb) against a manta in Fight to the Finish.
Episodes when Used
- X.A.N.A. Awakens, Part 1 (first use)
- A Fine Mess (by Yumi in Odd's body)
- Cold War
- Is Anybody Out There?
- I'd Rather Not Talk About It
- Bragging Rights
- Dog Day Afternoon
- Canine Conundrum
- Down to Earth
- Fight to the Finish
Used in other Media
- It is considered an actual superpower. The only one Odd possess since his psionic power of "future flash" that he had possessed in the first season, and was deleted after the supercomputer was updated in Season 2. Therefore, it is used far more frequently than future flash.
- It is used only once in the real world, having a pinkish color and more circular shape, as seen in Down to Earth.
- This defensive ability is not used or mentioned even once in Evolution.