Milly and Tamiya are doing a report on the school prom. They try to interview Sissi, who was prom queen last year, but she turns them down and tells them that no boy would ever go to the prom with them because of their age. This makes Milly upset so she tries to ask Ulrich out, and he turns her down because he's going to the dance with Yumi. Upset, Milly storms off as Tamiya follows her. In her room, she tells Tamiya that she hates everyone, unaware that X.A.N.A. is listening from her computer. When Tamiya tries to comfort her, Milly tells her that she's sick of her too and runs off to the garden shed. Milly tells her teddy bear that she wishes she were bigger and leaves it in the garden shed after Jim catches her and Tamiya. X.A.N.A. possesses it and uses it to attack those who had made fun of her. Its first victims are Sissi and Jim.
It then increases the teddy bear's size to roughly two stories and sets it on the town. Since Ulrich had to protect the school and warn Yumi, it's up to Odd to go to Lyoko and help Aelita deactivate the tower to protect the rest of the town from the rampaging teddy bear. FIve Kankrelats attack Odd and Aelita and Odd is only able to destroy four of them as the fifth one nearly knocks Aelita into a crater. Odd saves her just in time and they find a path at the bottom of the crater. While exploring, a Megatank chases them to the tower and blocks it. Odd has a little trouble against the big bowling ball at first, but is finally able to defeat it.
Aelita deactivates the tower just as the teddy bear is about to kill Ulrich. After a return to the past, Milly asks Ulrich to the dance again, and Ulrich says yes, embarrassing Sissi. Tamiya catches Sissi's reaction on camera and they then plan to write a story about it.
- The original French name for this episode is the same as the English.
- The activated Tower's red aura is particularly faint in this episode.
- The loading time for Odd to get into Lyoko is only a bit less than a second. In later episodes it is 2–3 seconds.
- Odd says "Impact" after defeating a monster. After this episode, this line would be used exclusively by Ulrich.
- It is very unlikely that Ulrich would beat the teddy bear to Yumi's house since he was simpily following the bear tracks.
- This episode is the real first appearance of X.A.N.A.
- First of two episodes in which Odd was voiced by Christophe Callabero.
- First of three episodes in which Sissi was voiced by Christine Flowers.
- Lyoko Warriors: Odd (First appearance, production wise)
- Sector: Desert (First appearance, production wise)
- Monsters: Kankrelats (First appearance, production wise)/ Megatank (First appearance, production wise)
- This episode was adapted into book format in The Adventure Begins.
- When Jeremie is loading Odd's Lyoko ID Card, all of the other cards are all of Odd's instead of Yumi and Ulrich.
- On Cartoon Network.com the name of this episode is Teddygodzilla (possibly mistaken from Code Lyoko the Adventure begins with the name error Teddy-Godzilla)
- When the Kankrelats are first seen, there are only four of them, but soon after that all five are seen.
|Code Lyoko: Season 1|
| X.A.N.A. Awakens | Teddygozilla | Seeing Is Believing | Holiday in the Fog | Log Book | Big Bug | Cruel Dilemma | Image Problem | End of Take | Satellite|
The Girl of the Dreams | Plagued | Swarming Attack | Just in Time | The Trap | Laughing Fit | Claustrophobia | Amnesia | Killer Music | Frontier | The Robots
Zero Gravity Zone | Routine | Rock Bottom? | Ghost Channel | Code: Earth | False Start
|Season 1 · Season 2 · Season 3 · Season 4 · Code Lyoko Evolution|